Topic: Local Jewish Heritage
Target countries: Belarus, Poland, Russia, Germany
Deadline: March 27, 2022
Centropa and IBB Minsk / Leonid Levin History Workshop are pleased to announce their 2022 Lesson Plan Competition for teachers in Belarus, Poland, Russia and Germany, on the theme of Local Jewish Heritage in your town or city during the 20th century.
- focus not only on the Holocaust, but on Jewish life in your region before or after the Holocaust
- Include either: Centropa story or materials (could be for example: a Centropa film, biography, pictures, thematic website, new exhibition on Jewish life in Belarus you will find materials here: centropa.org and pamjat.centropa.org– biographies, films, exhibition)
- use the lesson plan submission template provided by Centropa (see below for the link)
- age appropriate methods
- state your sources (pictures and information)
- (max 10 pages with photos)
- historical accuracy
- No experimental activities such as victims vs. perpetrators
- No photos that depict violence
- No re-enactment/ role play
Language: Belarusian, Russian or English
The works of the winners will be published on the Pamjat website, will have the chance to present their lessons to a wide target group of educators and will receive a surprise gift from the Historical Workshop.
All materials will be reviewed by an international jury. The winners will be announced at the beginning of April, and invited to present their project at our international online workshop for Russian, German, Belarusian and Polish participants in late April 2022.
Submit your lesson plan by using our lesson plan template. You can hand it in here:
Deadline for submissions: March 27, 2022